Account Coordinator, Research, Strategy and Creative
The Account Coordinator supports the Carnegie Account Management team as well as individual client accounts engaging in one or multiple of the following service lines: Brand Strategy, Marketing Strategy, Enrollment Strategy, Integrated Research, and Creative Development. In this role, they are responsible for the day-to-day management of active projects, both remotely and through on-site travel. This position reports to the AVP, Account Management. The Account Coordinator also works in concert with the Strategy, Research, Design, and Content teams. Successful Account Coordinators will develop strong relationships with cross-functional internal teams, ensuring the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer needs. Our ideal candidate can anticipate both internal and client needs and exceed expectations.
- Independently manage accounts worth up to approximately $80,000 in scope.
- Operate in a supporting capacity for all matters specific to assigned accounts.
- Efficiently facilitate, manage expectations for, and coordinate research, strategy, and creative projects, including but not limited to on-site and remote workshops, collateral and systems audits, quantitative and qualitative research studies, message training, print and digital deliverables, videography, photography, social media, and market testing.
- Draft strategic account documentation, including client briefs, creative briefs, and postmortems.
- Manage all resourcing and task management activities using Asana project management software.
- Work collaboratively with Carnegie team members to ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to client needs and objectives.
- Clearly communicate the progress of deliverables to internal and external stakeholders while ensuring smooth transitions and consistent communication.
An Account Coordinator is:
- Self-motivated and highly professional.
- Detail oriented.
- A strong team player.
- An initiative taker.
- A problem solver.
An Account Coordinator possesses:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, both written and verbal.
- A “can-do” attitude, with unwavering ethics and a willingness to help others.
- Complex project management proficiency and the capacity to coordinate many moving parts as well as multiple projects at one time.
- Poise, confidence, and the ability to think on one’s feet and succeed in fast-paced, high-pressure scenarios.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, cultural competency, and the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people and roles.
- Emotional intelligence and a willingness to embrace relational nuances, own personal mistakes, be empathetic, address conflicts directly and transparently, and commit to self reflection and self-betterment.
- Dexterity and the wherewithal to effectively deal with ambiguity, change, and continuous process improvements.
- College graduate.
- 6 months to three years of project management, higher education, or marketing experience.
- Interest or education in Marketing and Communications.
- Previous account coordination, client relations, or sales experience preferred.
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.