The Account Manager maintains the satisfaction and retention of an active book of business under the Research, Strategy, and Creative umbrella of Carnegie Dartlet. In this role, they are responsible for the day-to-day management of active projects, both remotely and through on-site travel. This position reports first to the EVP, Account Management and also works in concert with Senior Strategists, Research Analysts, and Carnegie’s Design and Content teams. Successful Account Managers are able to develop strong relationships with clients and cross-functional internal teams, ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer experience. Our ideal candidate is able to identify client needs well ahead of the client and exceed expectations. This role is largely the “glue” that coordinates and unifies the experience both internally and externally.
- Operate as the primary day-to-day contact for all matters specific to assigned accounts
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with key client executives and stakeholders
- Efficiently facilitate, manage expectations for, and coordinate research, strategy, and creative projects across the following service lines: brand strategy, enrollment strategy, integrated research, marketing strategy, and signature creative
- Project manage a variety of client engagements, including but not limited to on-site and remote workshops, strategic presentations, collateral and systems audits, quantitative and qualitative research studies, communications training, print collateral, and digital and multimedia deliverables
- Develop healthy, collaborative relationships with internal team members across multiple disciplines
- Work collaboratively with Carnegie team members to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to client needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of deliverables to internal and external stakeholders and ensure smooth transitions and consistent communication
- Draft detailed and comprehensive scopes for all research and creative projects by working with Proposal Development teams and the EVP, Account Management
- Aid in the development of new business with existing clients by exceeding client expectations and thereby extending or furthering engagements
- An Account Manager is:
- Self-motivated and highly professional
- Detail oriented
- A strong team player
- An initiative taker
- A problem solver
- An Account Manager possesses:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, both written and verbal
- A “can-do” attitude, with unwavering ethics and a willingness to help others
- Complex project management proficiency and the capacity to coordinate many moving parts as well as multiple projects at one time
- Poise, confidence, and the ability to think on one’s feet and succeed in fast-paced, high-pressure scenarios
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, cultural competency, and the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people and roles
- Emotional intelligence and a willingness to embrace relational nuances, own personal mistakes, be empathetic, address conflicts directly and transparently, and commit to self-reflection and self-betterment
- College graduate
- 2–5 years of client management experience
- Previous account management, client relations, or sales experience strongly preferred
- Previous marketing or communications experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience dealing with VP and/or C-suite executives strongly preferred
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.