Account Manager, Website Development
The Account Manager maintains the satisfaction and retention of an active book of business within the Web division of Carnegie, a higher education marketing and enrollment strategy company. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of active projects, both remotely and through occasional on-site travel. Successful Account Managers develop strong relationships with clients and cross-functional internal teams, ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to client needs, and improve the entire client experience. Our ideal candidate is able to identify client needs well ahead of the client and exceed expectations. This role is largely the “glue” that coordinates and unifies the experience both internally and externally.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to assigned accounts; responsible for the day-to-day management of active projects, both remotely and through on-site travel.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with key client executives and stakeholders.
- Efficiently and effectively coordinate and deliver web projects in partnership with project managers.
- Coordinate and facilitate a variety of virtual or in-person client discovery sessions or web strategy/creative summits.
- Develop healthy, collaborative relationships with internal team members across the Web strategy, content, design, development, and support teams.
- Work collaboratively with Carnegie team members to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to client needs and objectives, including prioritizing the needs of assigned accounts in our Sprint workflow and process.
- Clearly communicate the progress of deliverables to internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth transitions and consistent communication.
- Manage account scope, finances, milestones, invoice prompts, and revenue recognition forecasting.
- Become an expert on process and products for the Web service line; contribute to process creation, management, and improvement as well as efficiency-finding and best practice development.
- Contribute to the development of new business with existing clients by identifying opportunities to add value and exceeding client expectations, thereby extending or furthering engagements.
An Account Manager is:
- Self-motivated and highly professional
- Detail oriented
- A strong team player
- An initiative taker
- A problem solver
An Account Manager possesses:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, both written and verbal
- A “can-do” attitude, with unwavering ethics and a willingness to help others
- Proficiency in managing complex projects and the capacity to coordinate many moving parts as well as multiple projects at one time
- Poise, confidence, and the ability to think on one’s feet and succeed in fast-paced, high-pressure scenarios
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, cultural competency, and the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people and roles
- Emotional intelligence and a willingness to embrace relational nuances, own personal mistakes, be empathetic, address conflicts directly and transparently, and commit to self-reflection and self-betterment
- Dexterity and the wherewithal to effectively deal with ambiguity, change, and continuous process improvements
- College graduate
- Interest or education in Computer Science, Information Science, Marketing, Communications, or Business
- Two to five years of client management or web project management experience, preferably in a consulting environment
- Higher education experience a plus
- Experience with project management and communication tools such as Asana, Google Workspace, and Slack
- Familiarity with Agile project management philosophy and techniques, especially Scrum methods and Sprints
- Experience with web content management systems preferred, especially Drupal or WordPress
- Familiarity with web best practices, including Search Engine Optimization, analytics and metrics, and accessibility preferred
- Previous experience dealing with VP and/or C-Suite executives preferred
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.