Carnegie is seeking an Analyst/Sr. Analyst who is passionate about education and the success of our clients. This is a full-time position where you will use your research and data skills in a range of assignments that support our two main services: research-based consulting and predictive modeling.
- Design predictive models to help educational institutions understand the factors that predict student application, enrollment, and retention
- Help design and analyze custom research that provides insight into stakeholder needs
- Refine and shape data files with a focus on quality control to maximize their ability to answer research questions
- Combine primary and secondary data to answer questions regarding program offerings, market perceptions, strategic shifts, and other research topics
- Work with clients and internal team to ensure accuracy of datasets and analyses
- Present findings to clients through oral presentations, written reports, and slide decks
- Ask questions of and work seamlessly with teammates
- Approach the work with positivity, enthusiasm, and passion
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow, and excel professionally. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths that you will bring to the work. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate most of the qualifications and experiences listed below.
- Strong interest in education, quantitative research, and statistical methods
- Bachelor’s degree is required in social science, mathematics, statistics, business, or another discipline where data analysis has been an important part of your education. A master’s degree is preferred.
- One to three years of demonstrated experience in an analytical role within the field of higher education or an educational organization (e.g., Enrollment Management, Institutional Research, Admissions, Financial Aid, Enrollment Marketing, Advancement, etc.) is preferred
- Proficiency in quantitative statistics packages like R, SPSS, SAS, or a similar language
- Experience with multivariate regression and classification techniques, such as multiple regression, logistic regression, or machine learning algorithms
- Strong skills in written and oral communication, organization, and collaborating effectively with a diverse team
- Experience with collecting primary research using techniques such as survey design, interview research, or focus groups. Proficiency in Qualtrics or another survey platform is preferred.
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.