Art Director, Carnegie Brand + Marketing
The Art Director is a member of the Carnegie Marketing team and the visual problem solver for the Carnegie brand. Carnegie’s Art Director is an experienced creative problem solver passionate about design, typography, imagery, and diverse visual communication principles for strategic storytelling. The AD will create and manage the overall design and visual style for the Carnegie brand across numerous media formats. The AD will set the general artistic tone, using images and visuals to bring concepts to life. Working closely with the SVP and AVPs of Marketing and the Carnegie Content Marketing team they will further develop Carnegie’s visual strategy, and ensure high-quality application across all marketing assets. This is currently a non-managerial role.
- Own Carnegie visual brand design projects from conception to completion, ensuring that all designs meet high-quality standards and align with company needs and objectives
- Develop and implement original and creative design strategies that align with Carnegie brand, and bring quality and consistency to Carnegie’s channel strategy
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop strategy and design for content and product marketing campaigns that generate demand and capture attention
- Stay up-to-date with design trends, techniques, and technologies, and incorporate new ideas into our design process
- Represent Carnegie’s design capabilities to external audiences, as an extension of the Carnegie Signature creative team
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions as a member of the Content Marketing team
- Project Management
- Manage timelines and project work to ensure on-time and on-brief delivery
- Work with the marketing team to ensure appropriate prioritization of work
- Brand Management
- Own and evolve as needed the Carnegie visual brand, and subbrands
- In partnership with the Marketing Team, maintain company brand standards documents
- In partnership with the Marketing Team, maintain company templates and ensure brand compliance
- Ensure the adoption of new brand materials, elements, and components
- Sales Marketing Materials
- Support sales enablement with high-quality and functional design of marketing assets, including brochures, media kits, proposals, case studies, pitch decks, large stage presentations, conference booths and signage, and other brand collateral.
- Develop visual strategy and design for assets required for website, email, social, and print
- Strong creative and design skills, with a portfolio that demonstrates expertise in a variety of design mediums and styles
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with internal teams
- Ability to design original concepts as well as to apply concepts consistently
- Ability to interpret data and strategy into visual outcomes
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high-quality results on time
- Expert knowledge of design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, and an understanding of emerging design technologies and trends
- A strong understanding of branding, marketing, and advertising principles
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Mastery of Google Suite and experience with project management tools
- Effective communication and time management skills for a remote work environment as well as the ability to use/learn multiple technology platforms and switch between them regularly
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life/work experience
- 5 or more years of formal design experience in a marketing or a related field
- A portfolio showcasing work is required as a part of the interview process
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal-opportunity employer.