Digital Design Manager
Do you love leading and designing in the digital and social media space? We’re looking for a Digital Design Manager to expand our digital presence in social media, managing a team of multimedia designers and creating new and diverse digital ad types that engage students in their college search.
Carnegie’s Digital Design Manager has an artistic eye and experience working at a high level in digital design. Working as part of a strategic marketing and enrollment strategy consultancy, they will be responsible for overseeing the quality and ongoing optimization of multimedia assets for Carnegie‘s higher education clients using an understanding of typography, layout, animation, and art direction to produce the best work possible. They can confidently elevate the visual brand of clients in ways that stand apart and beyond in the higher ed marketplace.
The Digital Design Manager provides leadership and art direction to a team of multimedia designers who are creating various campaigns on social media, including Display, video, and animated ads; email templates; and landing pages. The most successful candidates must be able to adapt to a fast-paced, turnkey environment; thrive on multitasking; and have the ability to execute creative ideas in a timely manner with attention to detail. You will play a vital role in supporting and growing a team that prides itself on developing innovative strategies for our higher education clients.
- Review creative briefs, client brand research, and assets for quality and usability while articulating key insights and opportunities to the project team
- Utilize proven art skills and experience to lead the artistic vision for Carnegie’s multimedia projects
- Work hands-on in multimedia design and animation, producing a range of product types for clients and setting the example for visual quality
- Train and direct multimedia designers to execute quality work and interpret a client’s brand story and standards into winning creative
- Provide regular reviews and approvals, ensuring the final deliverable fulfills the scope of work and client expectations at a high level of accuracy and quality
- Partner with account managers, digital strategists, and clients to understand a client’s needs and goals, translating strategy into winning visual outcomes and course-correcting artwork as needed
- Present work to clients with clarity and confidence
- Partner with Creative leadership to identity process improvement, refine products, and develop new ones that deliver value add to clients
- Innovate and experiment with new forms of visual storytelling
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and vendors as needed, providing review and approval of their work
- Ensure team adherence to departmental processes and standards and provide the imitable example
- Foster a collaborative, creative, positive, can-do culture that champions both team and client
- Help lead the onboarding, skills, and product training for Creative staff
- Resource projects to team members, ensuring each has a full but balanced workload
- Oversee weekly timesheet management, mentorship, and annual performance reviews of direct report
- Carnegie‘s Digital Design Manager must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in Graphic Design or a related field, or have significant industry experience equal or greater to a degree, and have at least four to five years of formal multimedia design and leadership experience. Proven results managing communication or media projects with a strong portfolio of samples or case studies are required at application.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to think outside the box to arrive at bold and innovative design concepts
- Ability to communicate new and original ideas to teams
- Thorough knowledge of multimedia communications
- Experience leading a team with a range of creative positions and specialties
- Ability to train, mentor, and inspire a team, improving their skill set and cultivating a proactive, positive mindset
- Strong knowledge of creative tools, including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Sketch, and Marvel. Experience with timeline and frame animations. Experience with drag-and-drop tools (Unbounce) and google web designer is a plus
- Excellent communication, collaboration, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Excellent time and resource management skills while inspiring originality and creative thinking in the process
- Ability to discern and navigate client politics in ways that sympathize with client needs and goals and arrive at satisfactory solutions within their distinct situations
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.