Digital Marketing Strategist
Digital Marketing Strategists leverage a customer data platform (CDP) to segment prospective student audiences, develop personalized website campaign strategies, and use data from websites and other systems to identify high-yield attribution strategies and behavioral trends among user groups.
- Website Personalization
- Architect website personalization strategies driven by clients’ business marketing goals and objectives
- Collaborate with internal team members across Copywriting, Web Development, and Digital Advertising teams to execute those strategies
- Build personalized website content interactions and campaigns in the CDP
- Reporting and Analysis
- Create in-depth monthly and ad hoc reporting and analysis for the clients to which you are assigned using Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and platform reporting tools
- Analyze data in aggregate, identifying short- and long-term trends and making thoughtful recommendations accordingly
- Client Interaction
- Foster client-agency relationships through monthly strategy calls, acting as an expert partner for clients and advising on best practices
- Work directly with clients to understand their objectives and KPIs
- Internal Team
- Show thought leadership through contributions to team meetings, bringing forward ideas about process improvements, strategic testing, and ways to increase client satisfaction/campaign success
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to effectively multitask in a deadline-driven atmosphere
- Clear oral and written communication skills, both internally and externally, confidently speaking to and presenting on campaign performance with both clients and internal Digital team members
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and utilization of resources to work independently and troubleshoot arising issues before escalating to senior team members
- Effective communication and time management skills for a remote work environment as well as the ability to use/learn multiple technology platforms and switch between them on a regular basis
- Physical ability to be in a stationary position at a desk and work at a computer for prolonged periods
- Bachelor’s degree required; Marketing/Advertising major or concentration preferred
- 2 or more years of experience in a digital marketing campaign management role or experience with marketing automation or customer data platforms
- Experience analyzing and reporting on data trends with full understanding of digital marketing KPIs and success metrics
- Experience using and analyzing data visualization tools such as Google Data Studio and Google Analytics
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal-opportunity employer.