Digital Media Planner
As a Digital Media Planner, you will be responsible for developing new business media plans and providing strategic oversight for a few key clients’ digital marketing campaigns. Reporting to the Director of Paid Digital Strategy, you will be an integral part of the Digital Strategy team. You will work across our entire Digital Marketing team on building integrated digital media plans to best support our clients’ goals and objectives. You will help to build, grow, and fortify our new book of business by thinking critically about the channel opportunities and actively contributing to the media planning process, proposal development, and media plan creation.
- Build digital media plans driven by our clients’ business marketing goals and objectives
- Identify digital opportunities and map out the inputs needed to develop an effective digital marketing and tactical strategy
- Prepare strategic, multichannel media plans/budgets for existing and potential new clients
- Oversee, for select clients, the execution of assigned clients’ campaigns, ensuring goals are being met by working closely with platform specialists to continually optimize campaigns
- Provide in-depth monthly and ad hoc reporting and analysis for the clients to which you are assigned using Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and platform reporting tools; must be able to analyze data in aggregate, identify short-term and long-term trends, and make thoughtful recommendations accordingly
- Stay on top of the digital media landscape, trends, emerging platforms, and industry news
- Establish media goals, reach, and frequency for proposals, when applicable, based on historical benchmarks and data
- Participate in RFP pitches and sales calls when needed/as appropriate to provide digital expertise, including explanation behind proposed strategy mix, speaking to channel trends, anticipated KPIs and metrics for success, etc.
- Show thought leadership through contributions to team meetings, including bringing forward ideas around process improvements, strategic testing, and ways to increase client satisfaction/campaign success
- Bachelor’s degree required; Marketing/Advertising major or concentration preferred
- Three to five years of experience with digital media planning and/or execution of digital marketing campaigns
- Experience analyzing and reporting on data trends with full understanding of digital marketing KPIs and success metrics
- Experience using and analyzing data visualization tools such as Google Data Studio and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of or direct experience with Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, and Google Display & Video 360 or other DSP required
- Google Ads and/or Google Analytics certifications a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multitask in a deadline-driven atmosphere
- Clear oral and written communication skills, both internally and externally; can confidently speak to and present on campaign performance with both clients and internal Digital team members
- Experience with Asana or other project management software tools a plus
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, utilizing resources to work independently and troubleshoot arising issues before escalating to senior team members
- Experience working within social media platforms: META, Snapchat, TikTok, and Pinterest
- Strong and concise creative and business writing skills
- Client presentation and relationship building is required
- Ability to collaborate across all teams (media, creative, analytics, insights)
- Mediaocean Prisma knowledge is preferred
- Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills are required
- Contributes to a positive teamwork environment
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.