Digital Strategy Specialist
As a Digital Strategy Specialist, you will be responsible for planning and strategically overseeing the execution of paid search, Display, streaming, and paid social media campaigns. Reporting to the Director of Paid Digital Strategy, you will work closely with our entire Digital Marketing team on strategic oversight and relationship management of Carnegie’s higher education clients, with particular focus on our most complex clients. This will include all aspects of our clients’ campaign execution, from proposal development and media plan creation to end-of-contract reporting and analysis.
- Architect digital strategies driven by our clients’ business marketing goals and objectives
- Identify digital opportunities and map out the inputs needed to develop an effective digital marketing and tactical strategy
- Prepare strategic, multichannel media plans/budgets for existing and potential new clients
- Oversee the execution of assigned clients’ campaigns, ensuring goals are being met by working closely with platform specialists to continually optimize campaigns
- In-depth monthly and ad-hoc reporting and analysis for the clients to which you are assigned using Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and platform reporting tools; must be able to analyze data in aggregate, identify short-term and long-term trends, and make thoughtful recommendations accordingly
- Foster client-agency relationships through monthly strategy calls, acting as an expert partner for clients and advising on best practices
- Keep up-to-date on digital landscape trends, emerging platforms, and industry news
- Show thought leadership through contributions to team meetings, including bringing forward ideas around process improvements, strategic testing, and ways to increase client satisfaction/campaign success
- Bachelor’s degree required; Marketing/Advertising major or concentration preferred
- 1-3 years of experience with digital media planning and/or execution of digital marketing campaigns
- Experience analyzing and reporting on data trends with full understanding of digital marketing KPIs and success metrics
- Experience using and analyzing data visualization tools such as Google Data Studio and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of or direct experience with Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, and Google Display & Video 360 or other DSP required
- Google Ads and/or Google Analytics certifications a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multitask in a deadline-driven atmosphere
- Clear oral and written communication skills, both internally and externally; can confidently speak to and present on campaign performance with both clients and internal Digital team members
- Experience with Asana or other project management software tools a plus
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, utilizing resources to work independently and troubleshoot arising issues before escalating to senior team members
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.