Director, Enrollment and Marketing Strategy
Carnegie is seeking an experienced enrollment and/or marketing leader to join its Client Success team. The Director, Enrollment & Marketing Strategy will be at the center of our most complex and exciting partnerships, serving as a high-level strategic resource for our higher education clients, aligning our services to meet their needs.
This person must possess a deep knowledge of the higher education landscape and today’s enrollment and marketing trends. They must also be a dynamic leader equipped with skills to navigate campus politics while building deep and lasting relationships with clients. At the same time, the Director is critically important to leading integration within Carnegie’s growing internal structure, advocating for clients internally, and acting as the fusion point for our work across divisions to ensure client success, satisfaction, retention, and growth.
A successful Director will quickly master Carnegie’s full portfolio of services across our five divisional teams—Digital Advertising; Research, Modeling, Strategy & Creative; Slate Optimization; Lead Generation; and Web Development. The successful candidate will be comfortable juggling multiple projects and client relationships while also working to build their own thought leadership platform through blogs, webinars, and conference speaking engagements. Top-level communication skills are a must in order to build trust and rapport in a 1:1 environment or command a room on stage in front of hundreds.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience in enrollment management or higher education marketing
- Master’s degree preferred (MBA, Higher Ed Administration, Organizational Leadership, or similar)
- Demonstrated expertise in higher education enrollment management and/or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and quickly formulate solutions to complex problems
- Exceptional organizational skills, multitasking capabilities, prioritization skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to build and nurture client and employee relationships
- Strong writing, presentation, and communication skills are a must
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Strong sales acumen and competitive drive
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google (Slides, Docs, Sheets)
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.