Junior SEO Copywriter
If you have a passion for both writing and the web, then this is the position for you. Carnegie is looking for a creative individual with excellent writing skills who also has knowledge of SEO. Maybe you have your own blog that combines your passion for writing with the curiosity to know how website optimization and search engine ranking works. Or maybe you’ve written content for an organization’s website and played around in their CMS in the process. Whatever your experience with writing for the web is, we’d love to hear your story!
The successful candidate will have writing experience and some knowledge of SEO but will still have a lot to learn. We’re looking for someone who can grow with our team! This individual would be working as part of the Inbound Marketing team in our Digital division. Since all our clients are colleges and universities, a background in or passion for higher education is a big plus.
- Writing or revising on-page content for optimization
- Writing title tags and meta descriptions
- Performing keyword research
- Assessing clients’ current content to rethink audience and approach
- Analyzing client websites to identify user experience gaps
- Strategizing with team members
- Communicating with clients and account management team
- Analyzing impacts in Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other tracking tools and creating monthly reports
- Working in our project management system to update and upload document
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, or related field
- 1–2 years of experience in professional writing and SEO
- Strong editorial and grammatical skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Experience with higher education marketing
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress or Drupal
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of Google Search Console
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
You’ll be a fit if:
- You’re passionate about enhancing user experience on the web and producing great content
- You have great attention to detail and are analytical
- You enjoy working as part of a team!
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.
Please include a cover letter and resume in your application.