Paid Search Associate
The Paid Search Associate is responsible for the creation, implementation, and day-to-day management of Paid Search campaigns within the Google Ads platform.
The Associate is primarily responsible for keyword research, campaign set up, and budget pacing, as well as implementing basic optimizations to ensure we’re meeting our clients’ marketing goals. Reporting to the Director of Paid Search, the Associate will work closely with the entire Paid Search team to stay up to date on best practices and trends.
- Create and activate Paid Search campaigns from the ground up
- Research and develop keywords based on best practices, campaign goals, and client requests
- Ensure campaign spending is on track via regular and strategic budget pacing
- Monitor and evaluate search query reports to identify irrelevant keywords and improve the quality of Paid Search traffic
- Collaborate strategically with other Paid Search team members to understand campaign data and make optimizations to improve performance
- Communicate issues and opportunities with other internal team members, such as Account Managers and Digital Strategists
- Keep pace with search engine and Paid Search industry trends and developments
- Bachelor’s degree required, Marketing/Advertising major or concentration preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- One year or less of relevant work/internship experience in the digital marketing space
- Critical thinking and excellent attention to detail are a must
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team while simultaneously managing independent workload/tasks
- Data analysis experience preferred, particularly experience analyzing digital campaign metrics to measure success
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for digital marketing and customer service/client success
- Working knowledge or experience managing digital campaigns within Google Ads is a plus
- Familiarity with Asana or other project management tools is a plus
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.