Paid Search Associate
The Paid Search Associate is responsible for the creation, implementation, and day-to-day management of Paid Search campaigns within the Google Ads platform.
The Associate is primarily responsible for keyword research, campaign setup, and budget pacing, as well as implementing basic optimizations to ensure we’re meeting our clients’ marketing goals. Reporting to the Director of Paid Search, the Associate will work closely with the entire Paid Search team to stay up to date on best practices and trends.
- Create and activate Paid Search campaigns from the ground up
- Research and develop keywords based on best practices, campaign goals, and client requests
- Ensure campaign spending is on track via regular and strategic budget pacing
- Monitor and evaluate search query reports to identify irrelevant keywords and improve the quality of Paid Search traffic
- Collaborate strategically with other Paid Search team members to understand campaign data and make optimizations to improve performance
- Communicate issues and opportunities with other internal team members such as Account Managers and Digital Strategists
- Keep pace with search engine and Paid Search industry trends and developments
- Bachelor’s degree required, Marketing/Advertising major or concentration preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- One year or less of relevant work/internship experience in the digital marketing space
- Critical thinking and excellent attention to detail are a must
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team while simultaneously managing independent workload/tasks
- Data analysis experience preferred, particularly experience analyzing digital campaign metrics to measure success
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for digital marketing and customer service/client success
- Working knowledge or experience managing digital campaigns within Google Ads a plus
- Familiarity with Asana or other project management tools is a plus
Here’s why you should work for us
Okay, now that you’ve read all the technical stuff…
Looking for a welcoming, upbeat company that supports your professional growth and puts you on the cutting edge of the digital marketing industry? You should join us! We’re a fast-growing, innovative team within a well-established company with an unmatched reputation.
Besides getting to do work we’re passionate about, here are some of our favorite parts about working at Carnegie:
- Half-day summer Fridays
- Small company with a family feel
- Reverse commute from Boston—avoid the traffic!
- Flexible work environment
- Fun office events and laid-back culture
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences, seminars, Google offices, and more
- Industry exposure through Carnegie’s blog, social media, and other forums
- Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
- Open work space promoting collaboration and team learning
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader in higher education marketing and recruitment solutions. With access to more college-bound students than any other company, we help colleges and universities meet their enrollment goals. Our cutting-edge digital marketing capabilities deliver customized solutions for our clients.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization. Carnegie embraces and affirms diversity of every kind. We believe passionately in the power of human connection, knowing that we are strongest when we bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our work. We celebrate differences within our team and actively promote inclusion in our workplace.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.