Well-versed in data collection and analysis, Research Assistants are at the core of the insights Carnegie provides for our clients. With meticulous attention to detail and impeccable transcription prowess, these members of the Research Team build a data foundation for everything we do while learning the inner workings of our theory and survey platforms. The Research Assistant reports to a Research Manager.
The Carnegie Research Team supports the larger company by collecting and presenting data and insights about clients, prospective students, market perceptions, and national research studies. This valuable information is used by the company’s strategists, design team, web team, digital strategists, and salespeople to offer the best client solutions and actionable insights possible.
The Carnegie Research Team works from home, with some client travel. Travel is most typically seen in spring and fall due to the high volume of client engagement opportunities when students are more likely to be on campus.
- Collect and record data, both in-person through workshops and through an online survey platform
- Complete basic statistical analyses on data to present to larger team
- Complete research discovery and literature reviews
- Use statistical or database software to tag and manage data
- Answer questions related to company research methods and theory
- Travel to client locations for workshop data entry when necessary
- Visually map data using geospatial software (to be trained)
- Curate third-party data from government sources
- Review surveys and client deliverables for accuracy
- Meet regularly with the Research Team and continue ongoing professional development
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- High school level or higher statistics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google suites, especially Excel/Sheets
- Experience in research data entry
- Experience in academic writing and sourcing
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proficiency in the Qualtrics survey platform
- 9-key data input experience
- Proficiency in Google’s Data Studio
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite, especially InDesign
- SQL or database management experience
- Research methods background
Here’s why you should work for us
Okay, now that you’ve read all the technical stuff…
Looking for a welcoming, upbeat company that supports your professional growth and puts you on the cutting edge of the digital marketing industry? You should join us! We’re a fast-growing, innovative team within a well-established company with an unmatched reputation.
Besides getting to do work we’re passionate about, here are some of our favorite parts about working at Carnegie:
- Half-day summer Fridays
- Small company with a family feel
- Reverse commute from Boston—avoid the traffic!
- Flexible work environment
- Fun office events and laid-back culture
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences, seminars, Google offices, and more
- Industry exposure through Carnegie’s blog, social media, and other forums
- Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
- Open work space promoting collaboration and team learning
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader in higher education marketing and recruitment solutions. With access to more college-bound students than any other company, we help colleges and universities meet their enrollment goals. Our cutting-edge digital marketing capabilities deliver customized solutions for our clients.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization. Carnegie embraces and affirms diversity of every kind. We believe passionately in the power of human connection, knowing that we are strongest when we bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our work. We celebrate differences within our team and actively promote inclusion in our workplace.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.