Senior Digital Advertising Copywriter
The Senior Digital Advertising Copywriter develops and presents strategic digital content recommendations and brings those recommendations to life through high quality, emotive digital copywriting.
- Audit, evaluate, and distill complex messaging and brand strategy so it can be translated into persuasive digital advertising copy that’s cohesive across multiple mediums.
- Write creative, compelling digital content for PPC ads, display ads, paid and organic social media, email, web, and more, while adhering to digital marketing best practices.
- Formulate clear and thoughtful content strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Elevate generic headers, body copy, and calls to action to be more emotive, engaging, and inspiring to multiple audiences.
- Champion project collaboration, working to motivate team members and ensure smooth and proactive interaction and process.
- Contribute to innovations and improvements in client-facing products and services and internal processes.
- Represent content decisions on client discovery and presentation calls with clarity, confidence, and professionalism.
- Assume a lead role in some client interactions, including discovery and presentation calls.
- To thrive in a fast-paced and remote environment with an extensive client portfolio, excellent organizational and time management skills and highly developed collaboration, problem-solving, and project management skills are required.
- To develop differentiated, compelling, and original creative work, the ability to think outside the box to arrive at bold and innovative storytelling concepts is essential.
- Because of the high level of client interaction, the ability to listen carefully and navigate client dynamics will be required.
- To meet high client expectations for professionalism and print-readiness, excellent grammar and formatting skills—and familiarity with commonly used style guides—are required.
- To deliver on our core promise of authentic, emotive, and moving content, proven experience in creative writing and storytelling is a must.
- Thorough knowledge of creative tools, including Adobe, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Office, and Miro, all of which are core software solutions for the Creative Team.
- Physical requirement: Prolonged periods of being in a stationary position at a desk and working on a computer.
- Travel requirement: Occasional travel for one- to three-night client trips.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- Three–five years of formal writing and/or creative agency experience
- Demonstrable proficiency in adhering to style guides, brand standards, and digital ad best practices
- A strong portfolio of case studies that demonstrate measurable success
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.