Senior Slate Advancement Strategist
Carnegie is looking for a Senior Slate Advancement Strategist to join our Slate Optimization team. The ideal candidate is a Slate-experienced higher education professional ready to provide hands-on support and training for partner schools through consultation and technical implementation of varying Slate modules. Candidates should have at least two years of Slate or other advancement technology experience in a higher education setting, be comfortable with the complex and technical aspects of the position, be able to discuss business practices with our partners, and recommend improvements based on industry best practices. This position reports to the Implementations Manager.
Knowledge of Fundraising, Philanthropy, Wealth Screening, and Alumni Giving, along with strong communication, organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills, are key to this role.
- Customize and build Slate features across the CRM, such as:
- Configurable Joins
- Fields and prompts
- Giving Campaigns
- Queries and reports
- Upload Dataset
- Advanced understanding of Advancement-specific Slate functionality to complete day-to-day tasks on a project-by-project basis
- Serve as project team lead on medium-to-complex client Slate Advancement projects
- Provide continued Slate services to clients through check-in calls
- Offer more advanced strategic recommendations regarding Slate and Advancement strategies
- Document recommendations and findings in call summary reports
- Collaborate with Slate team members to co-facilitate more complex on-campus and/or virtual trainings and create related documentation
- Support Slate strategists in executing client requests and projects
- Participate in ongoing professional development opportunities, including but not limited to Learning Lab, Slate Summit, and other conferences as required
- Other duties as assigned by Business Line Manager
- Minimum two years of experience in Technolutions Slate CRM or other Advancement technology
- Minimum two years of experience in Higher Education (Advancement)
- Knowledge of Fundraising, Philanthropy, Wealth Screening, and Alumni Giving
- Ability and willingness to expand technical skills
- Responsive and clear communications style
- Ability to handle a variety of clients/projects simultaneously
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Competency with Google Workspace tools
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail, multi-tasking, prioritization, and decision-making skills
- Ability to function as an equal partner in a small autonomous team
- Friendly and easygoing, comfortable in a casual office environment
- Interpersonal skills to positively collaborate with team members and represent the company to clients
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.