Slate Communications Strategist Associate
What happens when you fuse best-in-class tech and first-class support? You get Underscore, a Carnegie company. As the country’s largest dedicated Slate development and optimization team, Underscore is transforming the higher ed landscape by leveraging the power of Slate — one project at a time.
From skilled Slate strategists to award-winning creatives to account-based project managers, you’ll find a team laser-focused on helping meet your institution’s unique goals. Our services include implementation, student search, enrollment campaigns and strategy, dynamic portals, personalized training, reporting, systems integrations, creative work and more.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization.
The ideal candidate is a Slate-experienced higher education professional ready to assist partnering institutions through consultation on and technical implementation of Slate modules. Candidates should have at least one-year of experience working within Slate in an enrollment, retention, advising or advancement setting.
Candidates should be comfortable with the technical aspects of the position, and also offer abilities in admissions communications, enrollment strategy, problem-solving and client facing/customer service interactions.
Strong communication, organizational, project management and problem-solving skills are key to this role.
- Assist Slate Strategists with build and maintenance of Slate-specific projects for partner institutions, with a focus on Communications, Implementations, or Portals
- Understand Slate functionality to complete day-to-day tasks on a project-by-project basis
- Provide continued support and project updates to partners through periodic check-in calls
- Collaborate closely with Slate Strategists and other members of the Underscore team to troubleshoot, adhere to project deadlines, and complete assigned tasks
- Participate in ongoing professional development opportunities, including but not limited to, Learning Lab, Slate Summit, and other conferences as required
- Minimum one year of beginner to intermediate experience in Technolutions Slate CRM
- Minimum one year of experience in Higher Education
- Ability and willingness to expand technical skills
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Ability to function as an equal partner in a small autonomous team
- Friendly and easy-going, comfortable in a casual office environment
- Responsive and clear communications style
- Must be able to handle a variety of clients/projects simultaneously
- Interpersonal skills to positively collaborate with team members and represent the company to clients
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.