The Traffic Coordinator supports the Creative Department within Carnegie, a higher education marketing and enrollment strategy company. In this role, they are responsible for the day-to-day scheduling of resources to ensure timely production and on-time delivery in a fast-paced, deadline-driven creative agency environment. They assign, track, and monitor the workflow of a team of copywriters and designers, ensuring resource efficiency, accountability, and stability of production.
A successful Traffic Coordinator possesses a knowledge of the creative production process, can discern the workload capacity of each creative staff member, and justifies timing and resource allocations. They are very detail oriented and can confidently track and manage many moving parts. They are able to identify roadblocks, competing priorities, and bottlenecks well ahead of critical delays while clearing paths to ensure successful on-time and on-budget delivery. In addition, the Traffic Coordinator is driven by the desire to both maximize efficient scheduling/production and foster team health and balance. They work to iterate, improve, and optimize existing processes and procedures accordingly.
- Operate as the primary point of contact for creative resourcing and work scheduling
- Assign projects to Creative staff members, including but not limited to designers, writers, and multimedia specialists
- Ensure resource estimates and assignments are recorded and regularly updated for accuracy within Carnegie’s project management system
- Assess the status of each project daily, including but not limited to print, email, microsites, brand identity, and campaign concepts
- Anticipate project risks, delays, and roadblocks and work to solve those before they impact the project
- Proactively shift resources as needs, expectations, or realities change to ensure team is balanced and deadlines are met
- Regularly communicate any issues and project progress to Account, Project, and Creative Managers
- Advocate to keep staff on track and happy, facilitating the tasks and assets they need to stay on schedule
- Improve and optimize processes and procedures to benefit internal and external stakeholders
- Manage time tracking mechanisms and reporting
- Help facilitate print production management and vendor/contractor coordination
- Keep Carnegie’s library of creative deliverables and brand asset folders up-to-date
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
A Traffic Coordinator is:
- Task oriented
- Extremely detail oriented
- A strategic and critical thinker
- A strong team player
- An initiative taker
- A problem solver
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, and project management software; Slate experience a plus
A Traffic Coordinator possesses:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Strong decision-making and prioritization skills
- High levels of integrity and autonomy
- A “can-do” attitude with the willingness to help others
- A knowledge of creative production and disciplines
- A knowledge of traffic management and project management software
- The ability to coordinate many moving parts
- The ability to effectively deal with ambiguity and continuous process improvements
- Cultural competence and the ability to communicate with diverse groups of people and roles
The Traffic Coordinator must hold a bachelor’s degree in Management, Marketing, Communications, or a related field, with 2–5 years of project or traffic management experience. Creative or ad agency experience is highly desired. Digital marketing experience is a plus.
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.