As a web developer at Carnegie, you’ll be part of the team responsible for planning and executing highly effective and usable websites and digital experiences for our college and university clients.
The ideal candidate is a passionate developer with two to five years of experience who wants exposure to all aspects of web development, seeks professional growth, enjoys helping clients, and is excited by seeing the impact of their work.
- Implement the back-end of university websites in Drupal and WordPress
- Convert front-end code to custom Drupal and WordPress themes
- Complete maintenance, support, and enhancement tasks for existing client websites
- Build content integrations with other web applications and third-party systems
- Contribute to functional / technical planning
- Participate in quality assurance activities
- Bachelor’s degree
- One to three years of web development experience, preferably with PHP, Drupal, and/or WordPress
- Experience implementing large and complex websites within a content management system environment
- Prior experience in an agency or consulting firm that services clients
- Solid understanding of best practices and standards for web development, performance, security, accessibility (WCAG 2.1), and organic search engine optimization
- Proficient with code versioning tools such as Github or Bitbucket
- Familiar with quality assurance tools and code validation tools
- Must be a good problem solver and someone who is curious and enjoys learning new skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers from a variety of professional disciplines and at different levels of authority
- Must be organized and able to manage and track time effectively
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must be versatile and able to contribute and add value to the team on a variety of tasks
- Must be able to collaborate and work effectively in a remote / distributed environment
- Must be able to work in the Central Time Zone
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.