Web Support Specialist
- Web support is responsible for providing ongoing services to ~12 existing clients, typically after we’ve completed a multi-year website redesign project. Ongoing services include web hosting (via our partnership with Pantheon), content management system (“CMS”) technical maintenance, page build and content updates, troubleshooting and problem resolution, and consulting on the overall performance of the client’s website. The work profile for this team is generally predictable as it is not project-based work.
- Our primary CMS platforms are Drupal and WordPress.
- Web support is a client-facing team, members of the team will work closely with account management to deliver an exceptional client experience.
- Our typical client is the central marketing and communications office within a college or university. Our clients are generally not technical and most higher education institutions are under-resourced when it comes to their web presence.
- The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic, curiosity, a customer-oriented mindset, and problem-solving skills.
- This role provides a great opportunity to learn and grow within the web team, touching multiple aspects of websites and collaborating with subject matter experts within the team. This broad exposure offers multiple career path options within our team, including project management, quality assurance, software product management, and web development.
- Respond to clients’ requests for assistance on their website / CMS. These requests vary in nature and can be categorized as technical issues, software bugs, educational or how-to questions, design or content updates, or questions related to SEO and analytics.
- Provide initial analysis work for requests, documenting findings and suggested next steps in our project management tool.
- Resolve issues where possible, on an increasing frequency over time, without the need for involving specialists from the team.
- Smoothly hand off to specialists or subject-matter experts when necessary in order for them to resolve the matter.
- Keep clients abreast of progress via written updates in our project management tool and attend client status calls.
- Work collaboratively across the web division, including with direct teammates, account management, web developers, designers, and strategists to address client needs and implement solutions
- Assist clients with website update activities, including migrating content, optimizing and loading images, setting metadata, and checking pages for quality or errors
- Participate in proactive maintenance activities on client websites / CMS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience with websites / content management systems. Drupal and/or WordPress experience preferred.
- Familiarity with cloud-based web hosting concepts. Bonus points to people who are familiar with Pantheon
- Prior experience in a professional services setting dealing directly with clients
- Familiarity with web best practices including accessibility, SEO, analytics, and web development.
- Familiarity with software development processes such as code version control and development workflow is a plus.
- Strong writing and communication skills are a must
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- High motivation and interest in a dynamic work environment with multiple concurrent projects and tasks
- Strong problem-solving skills, particularly around websites and web functionality
- Knowledge and interest in the higher education industry is a plus
- Familiarity with Asana or other project management tools is a plus
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.