Social Media Specialist
As a Paid Social Media Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for social account set-ups, campaign and audience creation, bidding and budget management, optimizations, and regular testing for our higher education clients. You will work closely with the entire social media team to stay well-versed on best practices across all platforms. You will help analyze the performance of our social campaigns and prepare recommendations for our clients as needed. You will contribute to the Carnegie blog and to internal and external social media presentations.
- Create social media accounts and campaigns across all platforms
- Review work and help with training and mentoring social associates
- Pace and optimize social campaigns on a weekly basis
- Monitor and evaluate campaign performance and generate regular client reporting and recommendations
- Keep pace with social media industry trends and stay informed on best practices
- Bachelor’s degree required, Marketing/Advertising major or concentration preferred
- Basic knowledge of the digital marketing landscape
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- One year of relevant work/internship experience in the digital marketing space
- Excellent attention to detail is a must
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team while simultaneously managing independent workload/tasks
- Quick learner and ability to adapt to new and changing technologies
- Data analysis experience preferred, particularly experience analyzing digital campaign metrics to measure success
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for digital marketing and customer service/client success
- Working knowledge of or experience managing digital campaigns within Facebook Ads Manager and/or LinkedIn Campaign Manager is a plus
- Familiarity with Asana or other project management tools is a plus
You Should Join Us!
We’re a fast-growing and innovative company, set apart by our incredible people. We’re a supportive, fun-loving group with diverse interests and talents. In addition to getting to work with fantastic people and do work you love, here are some items you can list in your “pros” column:
401(k) with company match
Generous holiday and PTO package
Flexible work environment (remote, in-office, and hybrid roles)
Half-day summer Fridays
Fun company events and laid-back culture
Opportunities for advancement
Industry exposure and professional development
Growing company with a family feel
Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
For more than 30 years, Carnegie has been a leader and innovator in higher education marketing and enrollment strategy, offering groundbreaking services in the areas of Research, Strategy, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, Slate Optimization, Student Search, Website Development, and Creative that generate authentic connections.
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about.
For more information, or to apply please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or unscheduled visits to the office, please. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.