Google Analytics 4 Services for Higher Education
In March 2022, Google announced plans to sunset the previous version of Google Analytics—known as Universal Analytics or GA3—on July 1, 2023. What does this mean for your institution? It’s time to migrate over to the next generation of Google Analytics—known as Google Analytics 4 or GA4.
Google Analytics 4 is an exciting upgrade to the Google Analytics platform, designed to be privacy-centric as the digital landscape continuously evolves and as users interact with multiple devices.
The Carnegie Analytics team has carefully crafted a migration package plan to help higher education institutions make a seamless transition from Universal Analytics to GA4.
Google Analytics 4 Implementation
- Audit Implementation & Measurement Plan Review/Development. This service ensures accurate tracking and using data to meet your institution’s strategic initiatives.
- Goal and Event Tracking Implementation. Working together, we’ll identify new goals and implement them along with existing Universal Analytics goals.
- GA4-BigQuery Integration. Our data pipeline integration service ensures your team owns your website data and harnesses Google`s querying technology to run reports at lightning speed.
- GA4 & Universal Analytics Customized Data Studio Dashboard. As Google phases out Universal Analytics, we’ll familiarize your team with GA4’s features and how to integrate it with Data Studio, so that you can get insights from both platforms.
Work will be completed over a 5-month period from when the Carnegie team is granted access to GA4.
For higher education marketing and communications professionals who want to learn how to manage their GA4 accounts, you may want to add on our GA4 Workshop.
Google Analytics 4 Workshop
Our GA4 workshop is carefully designed with higher ed professionals in mind to ensure that attendees walk away feeling empowered, confident, and energized to dive into GA4.
- How to better understand the data about the traffic coming to your website
- Ways to measure the effectiveness of website changes
- When to configure goals and events
- What changes you need to make to your Analytics account configuration
- Ways to visualize information in a meaningful and actionable way
Our workshop is hands-on and begins with a brief overview of Google Analytics followed by an overview of the key differences between GA4 and Universal Analytics. From here the workshop will be customized to meet your specific needs with topics including: Home screen & User Interface (UI) navigation, implementing GA4 manually and with Google Tag Manager (GTM), creating filters and segmenting data, life cycles reports, user reports and events, configuration basics (setting up goals, managing user access), Google BigQuery overview and writing simple queries.
The workshop is conducted via Zoom over a 2.5 hour period. Attendees can also utilize the chat feature in Zoom to ask questions during the
session that will be answered by the instructors in real-time. The presentation and recording of the session will be provided afterward, along
with links to any resources referenced in the workshop.
Learn more about our customized GA4 Implementation Package.