2023 Graduate Student Insights
The Graduate Student Report
Graduate students are not a homogeneous group. To better understand this population, we issued a survey to gain insights into the personalities, preferences, and motivations of graduate students by narrowing in on the population by degree type, degree delivery format, and field of study.
By knowing more about our graduate student segments we can better attract, engage, and enroll our future graduate and professional classes.
Carnegie issued a survey to a group of 1,300 graduate/professional students and collected both demographic and psychographic data in an effort to better understand their personalities, preferences, and motivations. We are now sharing that data and our insights with you by degree type, degree delivery format, and field of study.
Fill out the form to gain access to this new graduate student data!
Program Type Breakouts:
- Certificate Students – people enrolled in a graduate certificate program
- Degree Seeking Students – people enrolled in a degree program (MA, MS, Ph.D., JD, MD, DO, etc.)
Modality Breakouts (includes both program types):
- Hybrid Students – students who are in a program that is hybrid in format – partially online and partially on campus
- On-Campus Students – students who are in a program that is on-campus only (some online classes, but the majority of their coursework is on campus)
- Online Students – students who are in a program that is online only
Access the Report.